Example 1: GSM-Training in WS 99/00
Winter Semester 1999/2000:
- A member of the Nokia Research Center (Helsinki) takes it upon himself to teach 36 hours in our lecture on GSM, GPRS and UMTS.
- Nokia provides the hardware and the software for the practical education.
- 1 BSS-to-MSC connection per PCM port (max 2)
- 1 signalling link (MTP) per port (31 time slots)
- 1 signalling channel (time-slot 16)
- 1 traffic channel may be connected to handsets (simulating MS-to-PSTN call)
- signalling of multiple parallel calls (MOC or MTC)